The Finance Office is recruiting for a Computer Systems Manager, M-I, who will report to the Executive Deputy Commissioner, as a Quality Assurance Officer who will:
reporting systems to produce management information reports. Enhance and modify
- Work closely with the Office of the Chief Integrity Officer and the Audit Department.
- Plan, manage, and organize the activities of the design and development of new enhanced
existing reporting systems to support management statistical reporting efforts.
Finance Office to ensure that the established goals of the agency are met.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the policies and procedures within all areas of the
area of the Finance Office.
- Review and conduct comprehensive management and procedural/policy analyses of each
- Conduct quality reviews to ensure that the agency is in compliance with State, Federal, and
manuals, bulletins, and fiscal data to ensure that the complex policies and procedures of
- Oversee and coordinate the design, development, and implementation of procedures,
the Finance Office enable HRA to maintain the highest standard in its service delivery
safeguard HRA funds, mitigate risk and increase reimbursement HRA receives from the
- Propose and develop detailed policy changes that will enhance accuracy and efficiency,
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
Click the "Apply Now" button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 23 months ago