Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe. Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for
Quality, Value, Yield Engineers
for its Lumber mill in Gurdon, AR.
Support the lumber manufacturing mill in developing/improving process improvement focused upon value creation through optimization of product quality performance, material yield, and lumber grade-out. Collaborate with key personnel to create a performance-driven organization based upon sound/accurate data and best practices. Work through the leadership ground and hourly team members to identify and prioritize high value opportunities for gap closure; facilitate closure of process gaps thru team approach; and build/implement knowledge processes to sustain gains (operating envelope, standard work, etc.). Provide training to plant site personnel on statistical tools, analytical test methods, and operation of quality systems. Product stewardship and maintain third party certifications. Promote the Market Based Management
(MBM) culture within the organization.
CONTACTS / INTERFACES
- Position directly reports to the facility OPEX Manager
: Interacts with key operations personnel such as the Plant Manager, Department Superintendents (Operations and Maintenance), Machine Center Operators, Quality Technicians and Divisional Support Staff.
: Interacts with the Lumber Division OPEX leader, TPI Representatives, and OPEX leaders from other mills
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience serving in a quality management, process improvement, reliability, and/or similar position.
- Experience with inspection methods and statistical control techniques
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Able to work extended hours when necessary to support business initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS - ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline (i.e. engineering, statistics, mathematics).
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and/or an APA Certification
- Industrial project management experience.
- Experience with statistics and data analysis techniques
- Experience utilizing analytical software
- Lumber or wood products manufacturing experience
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and implement changes
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interface with, influence, and gain credibility across all levels
- Demonstrated leadership
- Working knowledge and experience on statistical theory and application
- Experience working with spreadsheet, word-processing, and manufacturing-control software applications
Georgia-Pacific - 10 months ago
What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading...