This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour shift: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires minimum of 1 year current administrative/clerical experience
- Requires meeting management experience (scheduling, agenda and material preparation, taking minutes, etc.)
- Requires knowledge with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Requires previous experience in answering phones
- Requires previous experience with material preparation (duplication and collation)
- Requires 40 wpm typing skills
- Requires strong grammar/spelling/punctuation and mathematical skills
- Requires strong computer knowledge with ability to generate computerized graphs and reports
- Data abstraction/data entry experience preferred
The Quality Data Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely data abstraction and data entry into the various databases supported by the Quality Assessment Department. This position also supports the Quality Assessment Department needs relative to organization and communication.
The Quality Department is instrumental in driving Quality and Patient Safety. The department is made up of 9 staff members consisting of: 1 Decision Support Analysts, 6 Sr. Specialists, 1 Admin/Data Analyst, Director of Quality. The team has various skill sets from data mining, to conducting root cause analysis and being involved in process improvement. The clients served encompass all of Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus which includes: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns, Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, Sharp Mesa Vista, Sharp McDonald Center.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
80 to 90 percent of time sitting at desk or computer terminal, keyboarding, mousing, walking to other departments in the hospital, Ability to speak and hear clearly, as 10 to 20 percent of time is spent speaking or listening in meetings, Ability to lift approximately 20 pounds.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...