The Quality Analyst works closely with other QA personnel, developers, and business analysts to define, prioritize and communicate testing requirements, test results, and status of QA related tasks relevant to the completion of a product/project. The QA will be instrumental in developing testing framework and ensuring adherence to these policies; manage defect tracking and assist in aligning deployment with other enterprise-wide project plans.
- Bring knowledge of managed care, HIT, other industries, innovations and business trends to the direction SmartHealth IT takes to support the business.
- Create a comprehensive test plan to make sure that testing is well defined and planned.
- Work closely with the Project Manager for estimating/scheduling work, the Business Analyst for requirement comprehension and Developers for defect resolution.
- Work closely with business users to coordinate and assist in User Acceptance Testing.
- Work as a member of a cross functional team including project managers, business analysts, software engineers, and QAs, so effective communication, collaboration, and team work is essential for success.
- Execute test plans, managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the requirements are met and that the solution works as expected, creating and executing the test cases, identifying and re-testing defect fixes and communicating results.
- All work will be performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
Education : Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Experience : Extensive background working with business users and IT to develop and execute test plans.
Personal Skills, Aptitudes & Qualities: The position requires a mature individual who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to schedule and complete a significant amount of work within time requirements; is able to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team to accomplish his/her tasks; and possesses high analytical skills. The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to make group presentations and prepare communications materials. Expressing opinions or information in a clear, concise and friendly manner on a level understandable to the audience to which it is intended is critical. The incumbent must be willing to travel and to work long and/or irregular work hours as necessary. The SmartHealth organization is a new, independent division within Ascension Health Alliance. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone that desires to work within a fast-paced environment, can assist in multiple roles and is comfortable with some ambiguity as the organization grows and matures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance.
- Expert at testing Relational Databases and creating SQL queries.
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance and testing methodologies.
- Experience working in an iterative development environment such as Agile/XP.
- Experience implementing processes and procedures using industry standards.
- Health insurance experience preferred.
Ascension Health - 2 years ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...