Eager to use your technical, leadership and people management skills in a laboratory environment?
We are looking for an individual to lead the Cedar Rapids QA/QC Lab team at our large scale bioproducts facility with a strong focus on people development and leadership. As a member of the plant management team, this role will utilize your technical background and people management skills to lead the lab team and effectively deliver on people, product and process performance.
You are well-qualified if you are able to meet the following skills and requirements:
- Lead the lab team on the work system structure to effectively manage and support the overall plant objectives and organizational culture
- Provide leadership to direct report employees along with facilitating career development, performance goals and feedback discussions
- Foster an environment with open communication and feedback
- Lead customer, supplier and certification audits
- External customer interface – complaint process, release and specification processes
- Establish and maintain quality systems to ensure conformance to customer specifications
- Advocate for the lab team, quality principles of DuPont, corporate quality and customers.
- Understand and support company strategic initiatives
- Proactive participation in lab team, worldwide quality, and member of Global QA/QC team
- Lead problem identification analysis and problem solving
- Provide expert level innovation in the Lab area
- Performance Management and organization of resources (goal setting, performance management, recognition, feedback, coaching, counseling, confronting and rewards)
- Promote and support continuous improvement processes (GMP, ISO, Safety and Health, Environmental, Quality and Work System)
- Guide troubleshooting and continuous improvement efforts
- BS/MS in a related technical field
- Minimum 5 years industrial or laboratory experience, with hands-on emphasis
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO, HACCP, Kosher and Quality systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous supervisory responsibility with demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Self-starter with good organizational and problem solving skills
- Some travel required