Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Manager– is responsible for day-to-day duties of Quality Control, Laboratory and Quality Assurance for Krispy Kreme
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage to the day to day activities of the analytical lab supporting QC functions for manufacturing plants and stores
· Conduct Internal Sensory testing
· Act as liaison between KK and outside analytical laboratories
· Maintain service contracts for laboratory equipment and trouble shoot and repair non-service contract lab equipment
· Field calls from representatives regarding new products or QC services
· Analyze data from analytical testing to be used in Statistical Process Control applications and equipment adjustments
· Oversee planning and scheduling of routine and non-routine duties for the Baking Lab
· Analyze supplier’s QC Charts submitted to KKDC
· Analyze returned products that involve customer complaints
· Develop new Analytical Lab procedures
· Manage special projects with regards to regulatory (nutritional) and safety requirements
· Manage other ongoing research projects
· Lead the integration and implementation of quality assurance and food safety programs across mix plant and manufacturing stores. This includes HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating procedures (SOP’s), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food safety audits, standardized work instructions.
· Develop and execute new Quality Assurance programs for continuous improvement of Krispy Kreme Doughnut products and operations.
· Oversee plant(s) compliance and interactions with Quality Assurance
· Assure facility(s) meets all requirements related to product safety as related to HACCP, AIB standards, and general employee safety.
· Develop and maintain systems to assure compliance to all QA requirements including Document Control and Records, Specifications, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals.
· Drive improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
· Train and maintain all training records for critical SOP and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all employees at the manufacturing site(s).
· Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
· Reassess QA plan when ever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
· Achieve GFSI certification of various Krispy Kreme facilities
Essential skills and Experience:
· Minimum of BS Degree in Food Science or Food Chemistry
· Minimum of 2 years experience in QC/QA with a major food company
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel or similar software
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· High level of motivation
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Preferred Skills and Experience, but not Essential:
· Working knowledge of sensory evaluation theory and methodology
· Ability to use, analyze and interpret sensory evaluation techniques and data collected from such testing.
· Lab equipment and procedures: Brabender amylograph/farinograph, moisture tester, and solid fat index determination; CEM moisture/fat analyzer; Bradley sonic sifter; Buchi protein analyzer; Goldfish fat extractor; Percon Inframatic 8620; Brinkmann pH meter; Mettler dropping point apparatus; Brookfield Viscometer and Rdesign Risograph.
· Nutritional Analysis using the Genesis Program
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Carrying · Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing · Twisting
· Lifting · Walking · Communicating with customers and co-workers · Sweeping
· Writing · Mopping · Packing doughnut boxes
· Lifting up to as much as 50 pounds occasionally; and up to 25 pounds frequently
· Ability to stand for long periods
· Using cleaning materials and equipment
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
· Must be able to read product boxes, labels and measuring devices
· The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions.
Krispy Kreme supports a diverse and drug free workplace. EOE.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Engineering Technician WFIRM
Wake Forest University Health Sciences
Wake Forest University Health Sciences
- 26 days ago
You might say these sweet treats are wholly delicious. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts operates a leading chain of doughnut outlets with about 695...