This position is responsible for performing metallurgical, physical, and statistical measurements and tests to verify conformance with process standards and customer specifications and assist in the development of standards. Performs, analyzes and resolves process problems through frequent furnace surveys, assist in the studies of the manufacturing process to continually improve the process as it relates to quality and to ensure total utilization of system capabilities. The Quality Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, and optimizing process control systems throughout the entire NAL plant. This will include coordinating training of operators in using these systems. In addition, the Quality Analyst will lead the effort in creating and using Standard Work Process steps to establish a consistent process.
- Executes Statistical Process Control function, providing accurate and timely measurements and formal audits of product and process quality conformance.
- Assists production and operating personnel in solving production problems related to process or metallurgical quality conformance.
- Identifies and isolates causes of non-conformance so that such cases can be remedied.
- Within pre-established guidelines, empowered to shut down production in the event of non-conformance situations that cannot be corrected by other means.
- Performs experiments or special test involved in research and development projects.
- Identifies and classifies off-specification material and instructs production personnel in disposition of such materials.
- Auditing compliance to Standard Work Process Steps.
- Assist in the design and coordinating of experiments required to identify variation and root cause of problems in rolling, annealing, and finishing.
- Keep abreast of systems, statistical process control, Aluminum rolling, slitting and annealing process technology evaluating these technologies for use at NAL.
- Maintain system for collection, analysis and reporting of Quality Data. This includes, but is not limited to Internal and External failure data.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and analysis of process testing to reduce process variability.
- Analysis of process variables to continuously improve plant recovery and productivity through the processes.
- Be a leader in troubleshooting, analysis and resolving process problems. Document the process change as a S.W.P. and audit the use of the new standard work process steps.
American Society For Quality - 17 months ago