Quality Assurance Analysts are involved with many aspects of the software development process, including test plan and test case creation, execution of test cases, reporting any defects found and working with engineers to resolve defects. They build and assist in the building of tools and testing environments used in software testing. They also provide support to users when new code has been deployed to production.
• Create test plan that outlines the areas to be tested for a project.
• Create test cases that will be run to exercise specific functionality in the software.
• Consult with business leaders to do risk assessment of software functionality.
• Identify and maintain regression test cases to be used when testing upgrades to existing applications.
• Assist developers as needed with unit testing or load testing.
• Clearly document any defects discovered during testing so developers can understand and correct the error.
• Research issues or questions about the software as they arise in various departments.
• Document any ideas for improvements or enhancements to existing processes that will yield greater operational efficiencies or controls to prevent errors.
• Assist with creating more efficient testing processes through various means such as:
o Use of tools available in the marketplace, both open source and purchased software
o Application of testing methods or combinations of testing methods
o Experiences with what works well
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Solid understanding of relational databases and how they work
• Solid understanding of HTTP
• Minimum 1 year of experience writing test plans and test cases
• Proficient with MS Office suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Detail-oriented; logical mind-set with the ability to understand programming logic
• Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to take initiative and work in a learning environment