Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard's portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing's Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft.
Role based in Santa Monica, Beachead Studios
This role will be responsible for developing tools that automate linear testing tasks, validate data, and monitor web services.
Quality Assurance Engineer will work with development teams and QA Management to identify test process that can be automated, identify potential manpower savings, increasing the breadth and reliability of test by designing automation tools.
The QA Engineer will also work towards automating non-test related QA functions like build deployment, mastering and other processes defined in conjunction with the QA Management team.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will work cross functionally to ensure that projects meet key performance indicators and ensuring automated quality measurements that are in place appropriately reflect established QA requirements.
- Demonstrates expertise in planning, execution, scheduling, and reporting of tests.
- Build, maintain, and extend regression and automation test suites
- Responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting of automated tests using
- Recommend solutions to technical issues, participate in architecting solutions
- Create black, gray, and white box automated tests as appropriate
- Validate third party data using manual and automated approaches.
- Provide documentation on automated test suites and scripts
- Respond to dynamic situations while maintaining adherence to best practices
- Demonstrates leadership skills working with different team members and groups to help improve communication and overall product quality.
- Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills.
- This position requires healthy doses of initiative and the ability to remain flexible and responsive in a very dynamic environment.
4+ years testing web and mobile applications.
6+ years in software QA.
Exposure to testing Thrift/REST-based services testing.
Demonstrated use of firebug and other web debugging tools.
Demonstrated knowledge of test automation strategy and implementation
Proficiency in Web based, n-tier software testing
Proficiency in Unix/Linux environment
Working experience with Python, Java, PHP.
Strong experience with debugging and isolating defects.
Proven experience in creating automated tests via toolkits (i.e. Selenium, QTP, jMeter, etc.)
Must have solid basic SQL skills.
Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
BS in Computer Science or related field experience
Strong understanding of Web applications.
Prior Quality Assurance experience preferred
Detail-oriented, well organized, able to communicate effectively with management, QA staff and peers
Strong organizational, planning, prioritization skills (required)
Strong analytical & decision making skills (required)
Familiarity with gaming industry and equipment
Ability to travel (domestic and International)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
United States-California-Santa Monica