A global leader in the manufacture of steel poles and
towers used in the electrical utility transmission and
distribution industry has an immediate opening for a
Quality Engineer at its facility in central
Pennsylvania. Reporting to the Director of Quality
Assurance at this facility, the person in this position
will be dedicated to a specific customer and will have
quality oversight of all products produced at that
facility. The Quality Engineer will have frequent
interactions with the company’s manfufacuring personnel,
customer service managers, project managers, project
administrators, and strategic account managers, and may
also work closely with the customer’s representatives at
the customer’s sites.
The Quality Engineer will be required to distinguish
between acceptable and unacceptable quality of products
from raw materials, to the fabrication of pieces and
part, and through the final assembly and any required
coating process. The person in this role is accountable
for accurate decision-making on workmanship, and weld
qualities by using the method of testing required for
the order. The Quality Engineer will use time management
to insure that no production time is lost and that the
quality of the product meets specifications. The Quality
Engineer will report unacceptable quality to the
Director of Quality Assurance and the facility’s General
Additional responsibilities include:
- Auditing of products at specific manufacturing sites
prior to shipping to the customer.
- Coordinating root cause analysis of defective
products and presenting the findings to the other
plants as well as to the customer.
- Random auditing of products delivered to customer
sites for conformance to specifications.
- Routine monitoring of compliance with customer
specifications and company work instructions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a heavy
industrial manufacturing environment.
- Certification as a Welding Inspector.
- Ability/competency reading blueprints.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing processes or
related field (preferred).
- Five years of experience with a manufacturing
quality assurance system (preferred).
- Five years of non-destructive testing experience
- Ability to work in a heavy steel fabrication shop
environment and/or on construction sites.
Base salary of $75,000, plus performance bonus up to 30
percent; employer-matched 401(k) plan; full health care
Perfect World Search - 16 months ago