The Quality Assurance Engineer will conduct statistical studies and investigations on assigned products or components to determine or isolate chronic problems in design, manufacture, test or service.
This position is located in Olean, NY.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Process analysis experience or knowledge.
- Knowledge of various Dresser-Rand products
- Ability to adapt and work in the different QA Production areas such as: (Receiving, NDE, Machining and Assembly) Gauge analysis (Gage R&R), Process Capability analysis, Computer skills, Applied Statistical Methods.
- PFMEA and Control Plan knowledge, Design of experiments (full and fractional factorial).
- Microsoft Excel, Minitab and Access experience.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Certified Quality Engineer OR willingness to obtain certification with-in 12 months of hire date.
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Provide statistical analysis of chronic defects causes for defect prevention program
- Define the most cost effective method or approach to resolve determined deficiencies.
- Participate in the improvement programs.
- Cost of Quality reduction analysis/action. Scrap / Rework Reduction Analysis.
- Supplier Quality Tracking. Process Capability Analysis.
- Create Quality Procedures and Documents as required. Conduct ISO Quality Audits.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...