The QA manager will be responsible for working with internal company members to define and document QA processes and procedures for the complex Data Warehousing projects. The QA Manager will oversee all testing activities, including unit testing, integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, as well as post-production update/load testing. These activities will also include the definition of quality checks and signoffs associated with detailed design and programming activities. A key responsibility will be to coordinate documentation of all test results. The QA Manager will be responsible for establishing and using tools to trace all aspects of meeting requirements through successfully executing appropriate test cases. Finally, the QA manager will be responsible for preparing and presenting deliverables as needed to support customer implementations as well as Sales opportunities.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of test strategies, test plans, test cases, and project deliverables. Will include authoring some documents and providing review and oversight of others.
- Plan the development and maintenance of automated testing where possible
- Ensure that Data Warehouse Staff follow the established process for defect tracking and reporting
- Coordinate with project managers on key project deliverables where relevant
- Define and oversee the building and maintenance of QA test environment and tools
- Conduct training and mentoring with Data Warehouse staff on QA processes
- Represent the QA function to internal and external management
- Defining (with feedback from others) detailed policies, processes, and templates for Quality Assurance. This includes unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, as well as key controls/signoffs from the detailed design process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in testing and software quality assurance or as a software development/delivery manager
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project or staff management with strong track record of managing technology staff
- Proven experience of managing quality assurance for large complex development projects
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred, but not required.