Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team in Norcross, GA. The successful candidate will have the responsibility of managing the Quality and Lean Manufacturing activities for the Atlanta Market. Reporting to the VP/GM Atlanta Market. Accountability includes the maintenance of the Quality Systems (ISO), Quality Results (DPPM, R&A, etc) and the implementation of Continuous Improvement activities (Lean Manufacturing).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Institute a robust quality system emphasizing ISO 9001 compliance and APQP methodology with the goal of zero escapes to the customer.
• Communicate the quality culture and methodology to our customer base to build confidence in Ryerson as a strategic partner.
• Initiate process control through standard work, process documentation, and control plans.
• Drive process improvements through the use of multiple aspects of the Lean and Six-Sigma program methodologies.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement focusing on the four areas of people, quality, velocity, and cost for each production area.
• Drive the Ryerson quality expectations down and throughout our supply chain
• Internal drive to succeed
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years management experience in a Quality role.
• Strong problem solving skills and action orientation
• Computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Data Analysis skills required (Capability, SPC)
• Knowledge of ISO requirements
• Ability to train and mentor employees
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage changing priorities and multiple tasks
• Track record of self-motivated, results-orientated team player
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...