1. PRIMARY FUNCTION
Perform test baking of samples and other products to assure that quality standards are met, complete appropriate paperwork and report results to appropriate personnel.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent GED
Relevant production or baking experience preferred
c. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Highly skilled in technical baking and judgment of product quality.
2. Strong knowledge of HACCP procedures and GMP’s.
3. Proficient in computer usage.
4. Willingness to advance career in the baking industry through correspondence as well as other training courses.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external customers, both written and verbal.
6. Team player with critical thinking skills and strong problem solving capabilities.
7. Proactive and self-motivated with successful project accomplishments.
8. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
9. Ability to work in both a cooler and freezer environment frequently.
d. Physical Requirements
Standing and sitting and ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 52 pounds occasionally.
e. Uniform Requirements
White pants and shirt (no pockets), closed toe and closed heel slip resistant shoes (Shoes For Crews), hairnet, beard guard where applicable, white bump caps, and no jewelry. Must conform to HACCP and GMP policies and procedures.
3. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
The QA Assistant reports to and is accountable to the QA Manager.
4. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
a. Collects, pans, bakes and analyzes product to assure quality standards are being met for all products produced, reports results to appropriate personnel and completes paperwork.
b. Inspects product quality and recognizes deficiencies with products produced, place product ON HOLD when needed and reports to appropriate personnel.
c. Any other duties as assigned by QA Manager.
5. ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
a. Satisfactorily completes baking of product.
b. Satisfactorily reports quality information to appropriate personnel.
Weekend Part Time (15 to 20 hours per weekend):
Friday - Start after 4 pm
Saturday and Sunday - FLEXIBLE
Department: Quality Assurance
Starting Wage: $14.43/hour
Location: Dickinson, ND