The Quality Consultant is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative, facilitation and technical support functions, specifically in the area of Quality Improvement Patient Safety to support regional Quality Patient Safety programs and initiatives. Under general supervision develops implements and monitors the Regional Patient Safety Program and work plan. Develops and monitors performance indicators/metrics for patient safety. Collaborates with appropriate departments to collect, analyze and trend data from multiple reporting systems/sources to identify opportunities to improve patient safety and decrease clinical risk. Develops and coordinates workgroups and to address priority issues identified. He/she acts as a resource throughout the Region for issues related to patient safety. Participates on the Risk Management Review Committee, Patient Safety Committee, Peer Review Committees and other committees impacting patient safety. Ensures organization's compliance with accreditation and licensing standards, laws and regulations, and internal requirements related to patient safety.
• Monitor databases and referral sources; collaborate with Physician Partners & Operational Leaders to facilitate analysis of issues to identify opportunities for improvement, create action plans in collaboration with Clinical Operations to address the issues, this includes aggregating data on a routine basis; conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of identified issues as needed; implementing work plans to improve and/or to reduce variation in practice and promote early intervention.
• Assist in development and implementation of a region-wide plan for ongoing review of the appropriateness of care in the treatment setting, (i.e. hospitals, SNF's, affiliated practitioner offices, etc.).
• Support and participate in the QI/Peer Review Committees on a monthly basis. This includes: pre-preparation meetings with the Department Chief; meeting facilitation; serving as a resource to practitioners and staff regarding peer review education/questions/concerns; collaboration with key team members in the review of practitioner quality of care issues in preparation for the re-credentialing; consistently identify and report Peer Review outcomes and present information to the committee chair; facilitate Inter-Rater Reliability discussions for each Peer Review committee and routinely report performance.
• Assist in the planning and execution of short and long term Quality (Safety, Risk, Peer) priorities in alignment with organizational goals in compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies
• Ensure Quality (Safety, Risk, and Peer) projects have clear measurable goals and monitors results.
• Develop, execute and monitor Regional Quality (Safety, Risk, Peer) work plans.
• Develop effective methods for reporting incidents and near misses by practitioners and staff through various sources. Build and promote a "Just Culture" for reporting.
• Responsible for coordination and communication of training in order to facilitate Highly Reliable teams in conjunction with Simulation techniques.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Valid Georgia RN license.
• Must obtain Certifications in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Patient Safety (CPPS) or Risk Management (CPHRM) within 18 months of hire.
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical nursing experience.
• Minimum of 2 years Quality improvement/peer review activities or related field.
• Proven Ability to perform improvement processes and statistical analysis.
• Demonstrated expertise in facilitation and consulting skills .
• Proficient computer presentation skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Business, Health Education, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Background in quality or case review, preferably with physician peer review or QA experience; NCQA, JCAHO, Survey experience of practitioner/provider facilities.
• Certifications in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Patient Safety (CPPS) or Risk Management (CPHRM).
Kaiser Permanente - 14 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...