Candidate will be responsible for supporting the Quality Control / Site Safety and Health Officer in complying with safety/ quality standards and coordinating activities of various sub- contractors and suppliers.
- Works in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Control and Safety Programs by preparing QC reports, field inspections of work in progress, conducting or obtaining material tests, preparing reports and coordination with government inspectors.
- Coordinates field work with project managers and ensures safety requirements are being followed and PPE is being utilized.
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure all specifications and regulations are being followed
- Reviews subcontractor material, approved submittals, shop drawings and checks the construction for compliance.
- Assures red line (as-builts) drawings are kept up to date in the field.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3- 5 years experience in construction industry with emphasis in project quality control with training in safety compliance and project superintendent duties. Experience involving small to medium maintenance, repair and minor construction projects is required. Secondary degree is a plus and will be looked at in conjunction with experience.
- Corps of Engineers Quality Management for Contractors certificate will be required if not already in possession.
- Safety training for working on Federal projects is a plus.
- Must be familiar with OSHA 29 CFR 1926, 1910 and EM 385 1-1.
- Must be articulate and communicate well with other construction professionals, colleagues and clients.
- Experience in task order contracting is desired.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software. Candidate must to be able to demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a key member of a team. Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment and field work, some travel may be required based on business demands.
Olgoonik - 15 months ago