Job Purpose & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for Thorndale Quality Control and LNP AM Color Operations, supervising 7 hourly employees in QC and Color Labs. This position is also responsible for Thorndale Quality Systems (ISO 9000 and ISO-17025), QC on-time shipping performance, In-process testing, Product Specifications, Issue Resolution and EHS issues as they pertain to the laboratories.
Minimum supervision is received on routine work with occasional updating of pertinent reports and global metric dashboards. Major objectives are routinely communicated and the site manager determines the priorities. Direct communication with all internal departments, Technology, Color Xpress, and engineering staff at other sites is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to working with the production management of the site to develop, initiate, and implement needed materials process changes, act as prime contact on ISO related business, lead the implementation of SABIC-IP quality initiative, lead the effort on data generation and analysis on quality improvements, and lead the LNP AM Color Matching effort to meet or exceed expectations of our internal and external customers. Primary responsibilities are to ensure consistent and quality products from production equipment. Very little travel is required for this position.
Incumbent will be the manufacturing quality representative for the team, evaluating the quality initiatives, analyzing data, and recommending and implementing best practices to insure consistency. The incumbent would make recommendations to production and product management on possible process or equipment resolution to short and long term corrective actions.
This position requires an individual who is self-directed. Site Manager identifies initiatives in employee goals and objectives, and produces a priority list of business initiatives that are expected to be completed during the year. The initiatives often require management of more than one task simultaneously.
Supervise Quality Control Laboratory:
- Supervise Quality Control Technicians (hourly). Provide training, equipment, update procedures, work instructions and forms as needed for them to perform their jobs safely.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Quality and Technical Manager for ISO 17025. Schedule/execute internal audits. Maintain accreditation.
- Technical resource, maintaining internal product specifications, providing production, process and quality information to internal and external customers to resolve technical issues.
- Lead implementation of the SABIC-IP Quality Initiative effort.
- As needed, support QC Lab with data entry, lot approvals, lot rejects, identify material on QC hold, send material to re-work.
- ISO 9001 Management Representative for the site. Schedule/execute internal audits.
- Maintain accreditation.
- Lead effort on data generation and identification of opportunities in quality improvement. This includes: Issue Resolution data, product performance, & process effectiveness.
- Participate in Aged Inventory and Problem Products Teams, providing data and technical information.
- Contributes as an active member of the Thorndale Leadership team and participates in all staff-related activities (TCO, LEAN, EHS, etc).
Lead/Coordinate LNP AM Color Matching Operations:
- Pigment evaluations and maintenance of pigment formulations for approved matches.
- Color and product formulation evaluations, production asset evaluations, master color files management.
- Provide assistance with pigment blending, color correction, master standards management, and processing conditions.
- Supervisor Color Matchers (hourly). Provide training, equipment, update procedures, work instructions and forms as needed for them to perform their jobs safely.
- Lead effort to improve productivity and quality of color matching for scale-ups to production.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Materials (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing, quality or thermoplastics compounding environment (includes knowledge of test standards and color matching operational experience).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated skills and track record of good leadership and supervisory experience.
- Ability to prioritize, with a strong sense of accountability, urgency, and self-direction to manage and meet required deadlines and achieve key manufacturing measurements.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Six-Sigma green or black belt preferred.
- Familiarity with Qualtrax system
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 13 months ago