POSITION: Quality Control Engineer – Welding/Industrial
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
LOCATION: Gadsden, AL 35987
A leading manufacturer of steel infrastructure products
has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Engineer
at its manufacturing plant in Gadsden, Ala. (close to
Birmingham). Reporting to the plant’s Quality Manager,
the Quality Control Engineer ensures that procured or
manufactured products meet the company’s established
quality levels (assisting in establishing those levels),
and ensures that all ISO requirements are met. The
Quality Control Manager initiates corrective action on
defective conditions, assists the Quality Manager in
planning and accomplishing quality programs, systems,
methods and procedures to produce quality products at a
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES
- Directs activities of any internal or outsourced
Quality Control laboratory engaged in acceptance and
calibration of materials.
- Meets with customer representatives to discuss
welding and inspection methods and promotes quality
- Directs, through subordinate leads, the
qualifications of all the welding processes and
personnel using those processes.
- Performs product failure analysis and develops
appropriate corrective action plans.
- Explains details of various shop orders to
inspectors and assists in the inspection process,
aiding in interpretation of contract specifications
and welding codes.
- Assists in establishing procedures and guidelines
for ultrasonic magnetic particle, dye penetration,
and visual inspection of welds.
- Advises inspectors when inspection methods other
than standard are to be used.
- Assists Quality Control Manager in establishing
- Assists in inspection of the product with all
non-destructive testing methods when needed.
- Assists production with quality problems on all
production related materials.
- Audits and enforces compliance to all manufacturing
and NDT procedures.
- Monitors work output, accuracy, and overall
performance of inspectors.
- Coordinates third party inspection with the
production schedule; coordinates their inspection
techniques and results with company inspection
- Assists and works with customer representatives when
they visit or tour plant and gives NDT
- Initiates and completes pertinent inspection
- Assists Production Supervisor in interpreting
blueprints, manufacturing procedures and inspections
- Notifies Plant Manager and Production Manager of
product quality problems, and reports them to the
Quality Control Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or combination of vocational
training and related work experience.
- 5+ years related work experience preferred in
- Product knowledge of metal fabrication
- Welding certification (CWI) and Ultrasonic Testing
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Level II or III
Salary of $60,000, plus comprehensive benefit package.
Local candidates preferred; relocation allowance may be
offered, as appropriate.
Perfect World Search - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard