Position Summary: Performs organizational level Quality Assurance Inspections on the MQ-1 Unmanned Aircraft (UA), MD-1A/B/C/D Ground Control Station (GCS), RQ-1W Predator Primary Satellite Link (PPSL), Ground Support Equipment and associated support and test equipment. Manages, directs and controls organizational level quality assurance activities. Responsible to perform as the primary technical adviser for maintenance issues and assist work center supervisors in managing the maintenance effort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Excellent attention to detail. Very good communication skills both written and verbal. Team player.
- Administers the Maintenance Standardization and Evaluation Program (MSEP),
- Performs Activity Inspections (AI), Product Improvement Program (PIP), Deficiency Reporting (DR), Aircraft and Equipment Impoundment Program,
- Administers the Weight and Balance Program and FOD Prevention Program.
- Reviews aircraft aborts, In-flight Emergency (IFE), and other incidents as required. Assists PS&D with the TCTO Program.
- Accomplishes QA responsibilities pertaining to contract compliance.
- Reviews all new and revised technical data and TCTO''s for completeness, accuracy and applicability.
- Reviews maintenance related local OIs, profile JSTs, and IMTs/forms annually for accuracy, intent, and necessity.
- Manages and oversee the prevention of dropped objects and assist in investigation incidents.
- Coordinates on all requests for locally designed tools or equipment.
- Reviews, verifies and publishes combined In Process Inspection (IPI) listing.
- Develops, reviews and maintains Key Task List (KTL) and Routine Inspection Listing (RIL) and provide copies of approved lists to all affected departments.
- Ensures standardized Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL)/standards are developed for all tasks including KTL and RIL.
- Spot-checks TOs, inspection work cards, checklists, job guides, and manuals during evaluation and inspections for currency and serviceability.
- Develops and maintain a local training plan to train all QA personnel, including QA Augmentees, to ensure uniformity in application of inspection and evaluation techniques and philosophy.
- Evaluates flight line and back shop maintenance tasks and inspections.
- Enters inspection and evaluation reports into the QA database.
- Provides training/instruction as applicable to address deficiencies identified during the evaluation/inspection.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Six (6) Years Aviation Maintenance Experience. Equivalent experience to USAF 7-Skill Level. Two (2) years of leadership and management experience.
Weight and Balance Certified/Qualified. Airframe and Power Plant License, USAF and ASQ Certification experience preferred.
Current Secret Security Clearance. US Citizen or proper immigration status.
Must be willing to travel overseas for extended periods as required by the company. Must meet all fitness for duty requirements.
Battlespace Flight Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Battlespace Flight Services (BFS) provides a high level of organizational maintenance support for MQ-1 aircraft and systems to sustain the...