Are you a college student looking for an internship this summer? Are you looking to gain valuable hands-on experience? Do you want to work on challenging projects? Do you want to network with professionals to develop skills beyond what you can learn in a classroom? If yes, then an internship at Publix may be the perfect fit for you.
Our Summer Internships will occur from May 20th through August 2nd at our company facilities in Lakeland, FL. Interns are offered competitive pay and are generally expected to work 40 hours per week, although this varies by department. We partner with Florida Southern College to provide housing for our out-of-town interns. As an intern, you will attend luncheons with Publix executives, participate in a local community service event, enjoy several after-work socials, receive performance evaluations twice during the summer to evaluate your progress, and give an end-of-summer presentation to a large group of Publix leaders. Interns leave Publix at the end of the summer knowing they have made a valuable contribution to the organization with an experience that helps them grow professionally and personally.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
• complete all assigned project work
• follow all safety requirements and good manufacturing practices
• perform various microbiology and chemistry tests
• process, maintain and retain samples
• laboratory preparation
• collect and package samples for testing
• taste and evaluate all product samples received
• verify thermometer accuracy
• verify cooking temperatures
• insure that each product is manufactured according to FDA and USDA regulations including, but not limited to maintaining SSOP and HACCP records
• provide help to all associates in the QC department throughout the plant
• be cross trained in QC responsibilities to include performing QC inspections tasks such as verification and tracking of correct ingredient labels, lot numbers, code dates, and net weights, etc.
• see that all products produced are manufactured under correct procedures from receiving of the raw materials to shipping of the finished product.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• must be a rising Junior or Senior majoring in Food Science
• intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• basic knowledge of Access
• must be 18 years of age or older
• must be willing to taste product samples
• understand and practice Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
• excellent safety work habits and be continuous improvement conscious
• ability to work a flexible schedule to meet production demands
• ability to work independently and be a good team member
• capable of working in wet/cold conditions
• show enthusiasm, good initiative, pride in your work
• ability to organize and prioritize work and complete job tasks
• ability to work under pressure, be dependable, and possess good follow-up skills
• good communication skils - verbal and written
• ability to communicate and work with all areas of production
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
· Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
· Paycheck direct deposit
· Credit union
Publix - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...