HCI is seeking a Quality Control Manager in Ft. Riley, KS. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the overall management of the project’s Quality Control Plan (QCP) and is vested with the authority to act in all Contractor Quality Control (CQC) matters on behalf of HCI. Ensures compliance with all established standards in order to meet customer expectations. Individual will participate in all process improvement activities and validate all changes to ensure their effectiveness, efficiency and compliance with legal and contractual requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a QCP that describes procedures for monitoring performance to include a description of the inspection system that will cover all task area services and a description of follow-up procedures to ensure the deficiencies are corrected.
- Develop a means of measuring process improvements and capturing customer feedback using Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) tool.
- Coordinate and research continuous improvement issues crossing project support functions.
- Assist with facilitation of HCI management analysis reviews which will influence internal policy decisions involving the project.
- Prepare correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations and recommendations for action.
- Examine records, reports and documents in order to establish facts and detect discrepancies.
- Inspect project operations to ensure compliance with all applicable Army standards, regulations and procedures.
Additional Position Information:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of International Standards Organization (ISO) principles.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain an active SECRET security clearance throughout the entire duration of the project.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products (primarily Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and data/web-based systems.
- Ability to monitor/assess performance of self, other individuals and organizations to make improvements or task corrective action.
- Ability to define work performance standards and define and apply metrics to measure quality performance against established quality standards.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to identify problems or potential problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to quickly respond to Government-identified problems or potential problems.
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce.
Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of experience in quality control
HS Diploma and seven (7) years of experience in quality control.
This position is contingent upon successful government award of contract.
HCI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of HCI | integrated solutions to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.
HCI | integrated solutions - 9 months ago