APAC Southeast Inc
Job Requisition ID: 25537
Job Type: Manufacturing and Production
Work Time: Regular
State: Florida (US-FL)
Postal/Zip Code: 33610
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control technician to join our Southern Region team (Tampa to Sarasota). The Quality Control Technician performs routine testing of Hot Mix Asphalt and assist in adjustments to plant settings to ensure compliance with job or agency specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to the following:
- Performing daily QC testing on Hot Mix Asphalt as required by governing agencies and at the discretion of the QC Manager.
- Performs data collection and reporting.
- Assisting in mix design development and changes in plant production.
- Performs stockpile analysis on incoming aggregates and RAP stockpiles as needed.
- At least six months experience in asphalt quality control
- Ability to perform strenuous work.
- Must have some basic materials skills.
- Good penmanship, record keeping, and basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the company radio.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED Equivalent
• At least six months experience in asphalt quality control
• Knowledge and ability to perform mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, multiplication, percentages and weights).
• Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
• Must be able to read and use measuring devices.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license for the territory of operation.
• FDOT Asphalt Level I&II training preferred.
APAC Southeast Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
- What APAC Southeast offers you
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
About APAC Southeast
APAC-Southeast, Inc. is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt. With a team of contracting professionals that offer design-build and conventional-bid build solutions, APAC offers: Hot & Warm Mix Asphalt, Marshall & Superpave Mixes, Porous Asphalt, Recycled Mixes, Paving Material.
APAC performs asphalt paving, grading, and related services for roadway and civil construction projects. As the award-winning experts in asphalt paving, highway construction and site development, APAC-Southeast, Inc. is raising your expectations and helping you to build without boundaries. Visit our web site: www.apac-southeast.com.
About Oldcastle Materials
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we're safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, Oldcastle Materials' continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
APAC Southeast is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with APAC Southeast!
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
APAC Southeast Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 2 years ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...