The Quality Engineer is responsible for developing and facilitating activities with the goal of improving product throughput, reducing scrap and rework, and improving external and internal client satisfaction. Successful candidate will take a direct hands-on role in helping to identify improvement opportunities, and to lead/facilitate action plans and implementation. Must be able to effectively utilize and influence cross-functional resources to achieve both individual and team goals.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- BS in Engineering, Manufacturing/Industrial Technology or other degree.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Quality Engineering Experience
- Previous work experience with rotating equipment
- Complete root cause analysis of quality issues and development of action plan for improvement
- Metal Cutting Industry background
- Equipment / Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite Skills.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Facilitate and lead process control and improvement activities.
- Implement FMEA and Control Plans, Gage R&R, Process Capability Studies, Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action, Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke), and Standard Work Change agent working with various shop floor and functional work groups, supervisors, and managers.
- Drive implementation of corrective action plans to improve scrap/rework, product throughput, and internal/external client satisfaction.
- Analyze trends and identify improvement opportunities.
- Interacts with all areas within D-R Value Stream, but primary responsibility within one plant location. Work within the guidelines of the quality system.
- Capable of independently leading technical teams in problem identification and resolution with independent thinking and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility in problem solving approach requiring cross-departmental interaction, technical challenges and workload/schedule constraints
- Project management and team leadership skills a plus.
- Have statistical skills and financial understanding Excellent communication skills and a team player mentality
- Comfortable in developing and changing process documentation and standards
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston, Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Dresser-Rand - 16 months ago
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...