Quality Engineer / Customer Liaison
Broadwind Energy is seeking a Quality Engineer/Customer Liaison (QE/CL) for our Towers business located in Manitowoc, WI. The QE/CL will drive continuous improvement and product development methodology by working with engineering, purchasing, production, various stakeholders, customers and suppliers. The QE/CL is responsible for the consensus and commitment to customer requirements, after order hand-off from sales, and consistent communication with the customer.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
· Drive quality improvements through the supply chain by teaming with Engineering and Materials to address incoming yield and on-time delivery while ensuring supplier qualification, development and corrective actions are maintained
· Build and facilitate New Product teams ensuring that projects are completed in line with company procedures
· Serve as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for customer Quality issues, projects, including external design reviews
· Interface with senior and executive level staff by providing timely data analysis and presnetations.
· Ensure the execution of Quality New Product Innovations, Continuous Improvement projects, including PFMEA's, Work Instructions and Control Plans. Collation of lessons learned, Key Product Characteristics (KPC), Compliance documentation and Risk Analysis
· Coordinate concessions/production permits for new products
· Investigate root causes of product related failures ensuring effective containment and permanent corrective actions
· Assist in development of improved processes and procedures to reduce New Product Innovation lead-time and ensure the quality is 'built-in'
· Conduct process audit/assessments with recommendations for improvement/compliance where necessary to assure quality of NPI products
· Manage priorities for quality effort across engineering teams
· Participate in the development of an effective supplier communication process
· Participate in the establishment of supplier performance metrics and risk assessments
· Participate in the assessment and selection of suppliers of key commodities
· Participate in the development of partnerships with key suppliers
· Conduct supplier system and performance audits
· Assist in the development of quality plans for supplied materials
· Participate in continuation engineering activities as required
· Participate in the development of product requirements
· Assist suppliers with process improvement initiatives
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Engineering or QA discipline or equivalent required.
- 7–10 years’ experience in a Senior Quality / Project Management Role preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in company-wide SPC, ISO 9000 auditing, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans
- Experience in a metal fabrication and assembly environment preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company, proficient in data collection, analysis and presentation, and excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access and the Internet needed
- Experience in team building and facilitation, experience in communicating with customers and suppliers, and CQE/CQ Mgr/CSSBB/CSSGB or other quality related certifications preferred
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors and experience with engineering tools, systems, and data bases also preferred