The Quality Engineer is responsible for overseeing inspection of materials and products to ensure adherence to customer requirements. This position also develops, implements, and monitors the quality verification process that will ensure that all parts shipped to the customer meet all requirements. All functions are to be done in accordance with TS16949.
Areas of Responsibility
- Works with Engineering to identify non-conformance issues, improve processes, and implement effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Fosters relationships with customer contacts that provide basis for understanding their requirements and resolving issues.
- Responsible for all internal PPAPs including those submitted to customers.
- Oversee inspector certification, training in measurement techniques and CMM operation/programming, and professional development.
- Approve new or revised process drawings and in-process measurement forms.
- Assist Quality Facilitator in developing and implementing ISO/TS 16949 Quality System including internal auditing.
- Responsible to communicate with and train sister companies to submit PPAP's that meet customer requirements.
- Support Assistant Quality Manager in resolving non-conformance issues raised by customers, especially in cases of escapes.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Associates degree in Engineering or technical field.
- Able to perform and teach all inspection processes performed by inspectors.
- Proficient in Windows, MS Word and Excel.
- Understanding of machining fundamentals.
- CAD drawing experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of TS16949 procedures.
- Familiar with automotive quality environment (Flow diagram, PFMEA, Control Plan, APQP, MSA, SPC).
- Working knowledge of ANDI Y 14.5 and blueprints.
- Understanding of SPC desirable.
- Manual and DCC CMM inspection experience.
- DCC Programming experience.
- Well versed in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Turbocam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Turbocam International - 17 months ago