Position: Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
Location : Torrington, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 300 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for the development and manufacture of products.
- Serve as a Quality Assurance resource for all issues pertaining to the quality of the product from incoming inspection of supplier’s material to the final inspection of products in Final Assembly and Conditioning.
- Maintain all quality records and documentation in support of manufacturing in accordance with the documentation and specific customer requirements
- Develop, document and maintain in-process inspection plans for process control, testing and inspection with an emphasis on statistical techniques.
- Develop, Procure, and Implement advanced automated (vision based) inspection systems.
- Assist to eliminate quality roadblocks including hands on inspection when necessary
- Assist in process certification.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures and report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Conduct internal quality audits throughout the facility and within the department.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning issues with products and assure that effective corrective action is implemented. Experience with 8D problem solving method, a plus
- Serve as the Quality Representative to the Materials Review Board and Change Board when needed.
Education: BS in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Quality Assurance Engineering required.
Experience: 7 years of experience working in a direct role as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
Candidate should have / be:
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
- Direct experience working with employees on shop floor required.
- Experience working with close specifications in a high tech environment required.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Statistical Process Control experience
- In depth knowledge of ISO9001 quality systems, policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge to the interpretation of requirements. ISO9001 certification or experience
- Diverse knowledge of inspection methods, techniques and quality planning documentation. In depth knowledge of advanced computerized/automated inspection equipment and NDT systems (vision systems, CMM, X-ray, etc.)
- Experience leading corrective action investigations, identifying and validating root cause and corrective action. Experience with 8D and DOE methods a plus.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control and its application.
- Experience working in and around chemicals (alloy powders & solvents) and metals (particularly stainless steel stampings)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong computer application skills, MS Office, Mini Tab or equivalent, Datametrics, and GageTrak.
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and basic electrical schematics. Utilize standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges and test rigs
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
FuelCell Energy - 30+ days ago
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (FuelCell Energy) is engaged in the development and manufacturing of fuel cell power plants for electric power generat...