The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of QA systems and procedures, including assessments, design control, process control, discrepancy reporting, calibration, and receiving inspection; planning, performing, reporting, follow-up, and close-out of assessments in a broad array of functional areas, including conduct of operations, QA, configuration control, and documents and records control. He/she will also lead the review and evaluation of assessment results, as well as the determination and approval of corrective, preventive, and improvement actions, and track actions to ensure that they are implemented per schedule and are effective. Will specify and enforce supplier quality requirements, perform pre-award surveys and surveillance, and ensure corrective actions as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a Quality Engineer or Auditor in an engineering and manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide high quality reports and presentations
- Knowledge of QA systems and their implementation, as well as engineering drawings and manufacturing
- Familiar with auditing principles and practices
- Must be familiar with procurement processes and have experience dealing with suppliers
- Significant experience assessing implementation and compliance of QA programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively, across organizational boundaries, with a diverse group of scientific, engineering, and technical staff.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent upon depth and breadth of knowledge and skills he or she brings to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an operating accelerator or reactor environment
- ASQ certification (CQE, CQA).
Please apply to Job ID# 16311.
ERAP eligible - $1,000.00
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
- Medical Plans
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy. The DOE was...