Engineering Technical Group
Quality Engineer II
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company, and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HPS improves the safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. With more than 12,000 employees in 120 countries, HPS offers a full range of industry-leading automation and control solutions and advanced software applications to key vertical industries, including oil & gas, mining, refining, pulp & paper, power, chemical, and life sciences.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to help us achieve our goals. This position will report to the HPS Quality Manager and focus on Supply Chain initiatives. This position will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Measures of success:
- Lead the issue resolution and root-cause analysis processes associated with quality issues.
- Provide secondary support for overall Quality Assurance and QMS of the Site.
- Implementing activities within the Global Sourcing Team to improve supplier quality, delivery, and performance for the Honeywell Factory in Cincinnati, Ohio or other assigned suppliers.
- Support Honeywell Operating System (HOS) and Built in Quality (BIQ) initiatives.
- Assess supplier process, quality and capacity capabilities. In conjunction with purchasing personnel conduct external supplier audits. Drive problem resolution for supplier quality issues, including on-site supplier development. Work with Quality Assurance, suppliers and Engineering to adjudicate quality issues, recommend corrective actions and follow up on supplier corrective action reports.
- Lead product qualification activities associated with new parts and re-qualify parts as part of supplier transition projects.
- Generate weekly and monthly quality reports.
- Utilize standard Honeywell processes to audit and approve new suppliers associated with the assigned commodity areas. Identify, select, develop and manage global suppliers to produce machined, casting, sheet metal, and plastic parts.
- Expand commodity knowledge to maintain expertise and be a local expert for Sourcing, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- Be an expert on Supplier Quality Tools - Lead / Assist with roll out, training and implementation of Supplier Quality tools for suppliers. • Lead / Support efforts to fully realize cost savings opportunities.
- Lead and support several concurrent projects and develop strong relationship within cross-functional teams including Purchasing, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Liaison effectively with Commodity Managers, other Quality Engineers, Program Managers, and Production Engineers to identify and fully satisfy requirements for quality engineering activities at North America factories.
- Will include travel - approximately 25%.
- Work with cross functional teams directly on the factory floor and receiving dock, can communicate well with Quality & Design Engineers, Marketing Mgrs, and Operators.
- Defective Parts Per Million (PPM) for suppliers.
- Savings achieved through supplier transitions and/or Lean Manufacturing and Value Engineering at suppliers
- Overall supplier scorecard improvement annually
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of Quality Management Experience
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Three years work experience as Quality Engineer, including the identification, selection, development and manage of global suppliers for commodities such as machined, cast, sheet metal, and plastic parts.
- Understanding of basic quality tools including SPC, RCCA (8D or other format,) DOE, Control Plans, PMFEA, etc.
- Previous responsibility for achieving business objectives: PPM and defect reduction, cost reduction, lead-time reduction, on-time delivery, and new supplier launches.
- Must be willing to work in a result based, fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience with ISO quality management system standards and quality auditing.
- Current ASQ CQE or CQA certification is desirable, as is RAB or IRCA Auditor certification
- Knowledge of PWA, raw circuit cards, electronic components, box build, functional testing, and other raw-materials and finished goods preferred.
- Project Management - will be expected to identify and implement projects with a high impact to the business. As such, should possess proven track record of successful leadership of high impact projects.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired. Black Belt / Lean Expert certification preferred.
- Communication and Interpersonal - effective facilitation skills and demonstrates high energy.
- Execution - persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Will interface regularly with all level of personnel within Honeywell and suppliers globally, hence exposure to other cultures will be a plus.
Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products. Requires a bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May report to an executive or a manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.