Quality Spring/Togo is a Coldwater, Michigan based automotive manufacturer of Hose Clamps, Flat Springs and Clutch Pack Assemblies seeking a Quality Inspector for our 2nd shift operation.
The Quality Inspector assures quality of processes and products, ensuring that all products meet customer job specifications by performing the following duties. Test and inspects products at various stages of production process and complies and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines.
- Prepare or review required method transfer documentation including technical transfer protocols or reports.
- Receive and inspect raw materials.
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Serve as a technical liaison between quality control and other departments, vendors, or contractors.
Qualifications & Skills
Excellent communication skills along with proactive thought.
Ability to read engineering blueprints and technical specifications and translate into part and process requirements.
Must demonstrate ability to use a wide variety of mechanical inspection equipment, including CMM’s, comparators for inspection of mechanical assemblies. (Including inspection plan programming)
Strong computer skills including MS Office Software
Preferred experience with AS400
Strong organizational, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time. Requires the ability to prioritize work load based on changing goals and focus.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate team efforts and work under minimal supervision
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Experience with TS 16949 & ISO 14001 helpful
2 years mechanical inspection experience
QS/Togo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Founded in 1940, Quality Spring Products grew to become a division of Togo Seisakusyo Corporation of Nagoya, Japan. Today, Quality Spring...