SABIC Innovative Plastics is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced engineering thermoplastics with revenues of $6.8B. We have over 9,000 global employees and operations in 35 countries and are part of one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. SABIC is known for their commitment to innovation and excellence.
Primary responsibilities include:
-Willingness to follow all relevant safety requirements.
-Supporting efforts in multiple labs in the Lexan Chemical Operations including but not limited to conducting lab instrument maintenance, software calibrations, analyzing products by LC, GPC, GC, UV-VIS, Titrations, etc.. and conducting specialized testing as required.
-Managing test sample submission to our LIMS system.
-Maintaining accurate laboratory records and communicating results to other team members.
-Excellent computer skills is recommended to be able to navigate through several data collection software programs.
-Possess a basic mechanical knowledge
-Lab cleaning responsibilities include, maintaining chemical inventories, disposing of waste, and general housekeeping as required to ensure a safe work environment.
-Must be able to lift 50lbs and climb stairs as necessary.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry.
• Must have ability and willingness to work overtime and call-ins as needed.
• Candidates must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position.
• You must submit your applications for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Working knowledge of the hazards of handling chemicals, a working knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and an understanding of wet laboratory practices and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Word/Powerpoint/Excel
- Familiar with Gas Chromatography (GC), High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), titration, and other laboratory techniques.
- Willingness to take statistical training courses.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative