Job Title: Quality Management Specialist - Quality Management
Job ID: 33169
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent. Four years clinical experience which includes one year experience in quality management and process improvement or comparable experience.
To serve as a facilitator of quality assessment activities to one or more clinical departments. Coordinates reporting from hospital department's quality management and improvement programs, ensuring compliance with the Hospital Performance Improvement Plan, the individual Quality Improvement Plans for hospital departments and Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements.
The salary range for this position is from $58,320 to $87,480 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is a pay Band Code CS22.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Conducts process improvement initiatives using Lean methodology.
- Organizes quality management activities for one or more clinical and hospital departments
- In collaboration with clinical staff and leadership, participates in the monitoring, reporting, and improvement activities related to clinical guidelines, healthcare quality/safety initiatives, accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Researches and identifies process improvements and help set standards and define best practices for assigned departments.
- Organizes, attends and facilitates departmental quality management meetings and attends Mortality and Morbidity conferences.
- Uses data to assist departments in making process changes.
- Educates and assists clinical departments in developing appropriate ongoing quality management/monitoring programs.
- Facilitates continuous process improvement teams
- Facilitates proactive and reactive patient safety activities including Root Cause Analyses (RCA), Failure Mode Effects Analyses (FMEA) and Sentinel Event Alerts in regard to the facilitation process, planning, implementation and evaluation of effectiveness of process changes.
- Executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to management of developmental needs that contribute to the enhancement of patient care.
- Regularly communicates PI and quality/safety activities to leadership and QM staff.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Prefer Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business Management, Industrial Engineering, or Organizational Development or Registered Record Administrator (RRA)
- You should have previous experience supporting continuous process improvement development teams and/or supporting continuous improvement efforts.
- You should have previous experience and expertise in structured problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Develop and lead initiatives that improve quality, safety, process flow and/or compliance-related processes and systems.
- Process map and streamline processes using Six Sigma/Lean principles.
- Lead continuous improvement projects and use Lean principles to create defined, standardized, robust processes.
- Drive process control initiatives.
- Perform data analysis to support investigations or process improvements.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations.
- Identify and implement better validation approaches and utilize FMEA and other improvement tools.
- Organize quality management activities for one or more clinical and hospital departments.
Preferred Work Experience
- Team facilitation
- Data analysis
- Lean team facilitation
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job