Position: Quality Manager - Manufacturing
Location : Torrington, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 180 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
The Manufacturing Quality Manager is a highly motivated, technically savvy, team builder who enjoys a fast paced work environment, the freedom to establish a strategic vision for manufacturing quality and then execute on it.
A proven track record of success improving quality performance in a product manufacturing environment is a must.
Responsibilities include managing the planning and implementation of the manufacturing quality system; creation and implementation of quality processes, procedures, methods, and tools; management of internal and external audits; management of the corrective action and preventive action.
Responsibilities also include interfacing with supplier and corporate quality groups concerning issues with manufactured components and assuring world class product quality.
Education: Bachelor degree required (minimum) in Engineering or a technical field. Masters and/or MBA preferred.
Experience: 10+ years of manufacturing quality leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and manage people and teams. Direct experience working with employees on shop floor required. Experience in high tech working environment with high precision components manufactured to tight specifications.
Experience with ISO9001 Quality system, specifically audit experience, is a plus
The candidate will have / be:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with staff at all levels of the organization. Superior technical writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Candidate must be performance and results oriented and be able to develop, motivate and lead strong, effective, teams
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with staff at all levels of the organization. Superior technical writing and presentation skills Proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Experience driving successful conclusions to corrective action investigations, identifying and validating root cause and corrective action. Experience with 8D and DOE methods a plus. Innovative problem solving skills and strong facilitation skills are required
- Experience applying principles of statistics, statistical process control, process certification in a manufacturing to improve process yields and efficiency.
- Continuously seek innovative ways to improve Quality effectiveness through the introduction of new quality system technologies, methods and controls. Ensure that the operations are compliant with ISO 9001.
- Establish product and processes metrics that effectively measure and improve performance. Establish and achieve annual department operating objectives and plans.
- Develop and effectively manage operating, staffing, and capital projects budgets. Manage needs for full-time or temporary resources based on work level demands and budgetary constraints.
- Manufacturing experience with the following; component assembly, fabricated welded assemblies, tape casting, slurry production, sintering, and sheet metal assembly and welding is a plus
Working environment in both an office and shop environment where the employee will typically sit comfortably to do the work. Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks with full range of motion with both hands/arms. Motions include circular, up and down, back and forth, side to side and overhead. Ability to remain on feet and move from area to area within a shop for a period of eight (8) hours with standard breaks.
Travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.