Barnes Group Inc. - Barnes Aerospace, Fabrications is currently seeking a highly motivated Quality Manager with a proven track record of successfully implementing and improving quality systems. This candidate will establish, monitor, and report on the application and effectiveness of the quality system at the Fabrications NPI and Production Centers of Excellence and supply chain in alignment with Barnes Enterprise System and its corporate values. As the Quality Manager, you will play an integral role in driving operational excellence with current manufactured products along with manufacturing and business processes. If you are a self-motivated, effective and collaborative leader seeking to put his/her technical and management talents to use in a fast paced manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
Our Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization
• Lead the expansion and sustainment of a committed quality culture throughout the entire value chain through influence and managing skills.
• Lead the translation of customer, industry, & regulatory into appropriate manufacturing & inspection methods and transfer them into standard work to ensure quality is achieved in-house and at suppliers.
• Manage pre-production validation package for Customer approval: First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
• Ensure the centers of excellence and vendor’s quality system consistently meets or exceeds customer regulatory requirements, AS-9100 / TS-16949, special processes and other automotive customer specific requirements.
• Lead containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions (RCACAPA); train and mentor other associates and suppliers to perform effective problems solving using standard tools (8D, 3P and 5Why, etc.).
• Manage the quality matrix, cost of poor quality to achieve business goals and optimize return on investment.
• Lead, participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams on process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve first passed yield; participate in other continuous improvement projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, and Production Preparation Process (3P).
• Develop / refine advanced problem solving & process improvement methods & toolkit, and train employees in-house, across Aerospace sites, and at Suppliers.
• Maintain strong communication with customers, internal management team and vendors to ensure quality level is meeting expectations.
• Develop Capital Acquisition Appropriation Request (CAAR) to support business needs.
• Manage development and performance of direct reports.
• Relocation assistance available
• Up to 20% travel to Barnes Aerospace Fabrications Lansing Production Center of Excellence
• Excellent analytical and system thinking and effective in presenting such analysis and thinking to constituents in multiple levels of the organization.
• Excellent influencing, conflict management, and communication skills (verbal & written) required and ability to implement sustainable change effectively.
• Proven project management skills; able to contribute to strategic decision making processes and drive detailed implementation plans.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent required; Black Belt certification preferred.
• Experience in precision machining a plus.
Instructions : To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com , click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
Barnes Group Inc. career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
- Bachelor degree in engineering/technology required. Master degree related field or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing environment with a minimum of 5 years of proven managerial experience; must have cross-functional experience.