Position: Quality Manager – Steel Manufacturing /
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Jasper, TN
A global leader in the manufacture of steel poles, used
in the electrical Utility transmission and distribution
industry, has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager
at its manufacturing facility near Jasper, TN. Reporting
to the General Manager at this facility, the Quality
Manager will be dedicated to a specific customer or
customers and will have quality oversight of all
products produced at that facility. The Quality Manager
will have frequent interactions with the company’s
manufacturing personnel, customer service managers,
project managers, project administrators, and strategic
account managers, and may also work closely with the
customer’s representatives at the customer’s sites.
The Quality Manager will be required to distinguish
between acceptable and unacceptable quality of products
from raw materials, to the fabrication of pieces and
part, and through the final assembly and any required
coating process. The person in this role is accountable
for accurate decision-making on workmanship, and weld
qualities by using the method of testing required for
the order. The Quality Manager will use time management
to insure that no production time is lost and that the
quality of the product meets specifications. The Quality
Manager will report unacceptable quality to the
facility’s General Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Auditing of products at specific manufacturing sites
prior to shipping to the customer.
- Coordinating root cause analysis of defective
products and presenting the findings to the other
plants as well as to the customer.
- Random auditing of products delivered to customer
sites for conformance to specifications.
- Routine monitoring of compliance with customer
specifications and company work instructions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a heavy
industrial manufacturing environment.
- Certification as a Welding Inspector.
- Ability/competency reading blueprints.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing processes or
related field (preferred).
- Five years of experience with a manufacturing
quality assurance system (preferred).
- Five years of non-destructive testing experience
- Ability to work in a heavy steel fabrication shop
environment and/or on construction sites.
Base salary of $75,000, plus performance bonus up to 20
percent; with full benefit package. Relocation allowance
offered, as appropriate.
Perfect World Search - 16 months ago