Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. (HSAG) has functioned for over 30 years as a team of highly skilled professionals working to form one of the most successful health care quality improvement and quality review organizations in the nation. It is the mission of this team to be a positive force in health care by providing quality expertise to those who deliver care and helpful information to those who receive health care services.
An exciting opportunity is available now for those interested in improving the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. The Measures Manager team supports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) at the policy level on health care quality measurement projects. These projects pertain to clinical quality measures in a wide variety of settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, dialysis facilities, etc. Many of these measures are the foundation of new national quality initiatives to be implemented under the Affordable Care Act law.
Typical Measures Manager team tasks:
- Supports CMS in its work of prioritizing and planning measure activities and quality initiatives.
- Performs research and analysis related to various aspects of quality measurement.
- Provides expertise and a crosscutting perspective to CMS regarding measures and measurement methods and strategies.
- Assists CMS in developing policies addressing emerging quality measurement issues.
- Writes technical and analytic documents and reports.
- Assists CMS in its liaison and harmonization work with multiple internal CMS and external key organizations: National Quality Forum (NQF), quality alliances, major measure developers such as The Joint Commission and NCQA, and other federal agencies such as the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). This assistance is critical in establishing consensus on measurement policies, coordinating measure inventories, and promoting measure harmonization.
Under general direction, serves as a member of the Measures Management Special Project team responsible for implementing, maintaining, and enhancing the technical manual used by CMS to ensure the standardized development and maintenance of clinical quality measures. Responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the assigned quality measure sets. Responsible for coordinating and interfacing with CMS measure contractors, other measure organizations, and pertinent CMS measure leads.
1. Assists in analysis of policies, methodological and data issues related to quality measurement.
2. Maintains up-to-date, comprehensive knowledge of all assigned quality measure sets including related national quality measurement initiatives.
3. Provides timely and accurate communication/technical assistance to the CMS Measure Leads and CMS measure contractors on a regular basis regarding the processes and decision criteria used in the measure development and maintenance processes.
4. Provides staff support to internal CMS work groups dealing with quality measurement issues.
5. At the direction of the Project Director, represents HSAG and interfaces directly with CMS leadership and national entities such as NCQA, NQF, AMA, and other healthcare policy and research organizations. The role may include advising and or providing feedback on the work of these organizations.
6. Assesses current measures development, implementation, and reevaluation processes of measure contractors and evaluate their barriers. Based upon the evaluation findings, work with the Measures Management Special Project team to recommend appropriate interventions to make measurement processes become aligned, efficient, and effective.
7. Assists in the writing and production of the technical manual used by CMS and its contractors to ensure the standardized development and maintenance of clinical quality measures.
8. Responds to requests, questions, and comments pertaining to quality measures.
9. Produces reports, documentation of meetings, educational material and other written material related to the work of the Measures Management Special Project.
10. Assists in maintaining and updating the measure inventory to meet CMS needs.
11. Assists in conducting research on topics and policy issues related to quality measurement.
12. Assists in completing CMS ad-hoc requests that have short turn-a-round periods.
13. Provides excellent customer service with timely, accurate and courteous responses to all customers of the Measures Management Special Project.
14. Identifies methods to efficiently accomplish assigned tasks and produce work products of excellent quality.
Professional with a Master's degree in appropriate health care or related discipline. MPH, MPA, MHSA or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Three years experience in a healthcare or related setting.
Quality management and/or quality measurement experience preferred.
Familiarity with research and data analysis.
Experience in business process analysis.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Proficient in oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments.
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago
A growing and diversified company, HSAG collects and analyzes health care data for federal and state government contracts and national...