Under minimal supervision and guidance from the Director of Patient Safety and Infection Control, Infectious Disease Medical Advisor, and Division Chief Council, the Quality Specialist-Infection Control are responsible for designing and facilitating a patient centered, system-minded and evidence-based infection control and prevention program for all areas of Billings Clinic to include the hospital, physician clinics, Aspen Meadows Retirement Community, all branch locations, and affiliate sites. Major responsibilities include the surveillance, prevention, control, and reporting of healthcare-associated infections that may place patients at risk while receiving care at Billings Clinic. Additionally, Infection Control Practitioners are responsible to work with other departments in assuring necessary process improvements projects are progressing.
· Bachelors Degree in nursing, medical technology or applicable clinically related field
· Three to five years experience in the health care industry including two years of formal leadership experience
· National certification in Infection Control (CIC) must be completed within first three (3) years of employment
· Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
Click Here to Apply Online