Conducts functions to inspect, test, assess and record product quality. Through experience, is proficient in all of the principle responsibilities of a Quality Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and tests product to ensure it meets customer expectations and product specifications.
- Tracks and maintains label and ink inventory and generate requisition for appropriate approval.
- Proofs new printing plates.
- Prepares printing supplies for production per work orders and schedule.
- Prepares routine and special reports- including gathering, summarizing and interpreting data.
- Inspects and tests incoming supplies.
- Orders and maintains all supplies and materials used in Quality operation.
- Possesses basic understanding of equipment and processes in manufacturing area.
- Advises production personnel of quality problems.
- Trains other employees on quality assurance procedures and standards.
- Applies basic understanding of equipment and processes in resolving Quality problems.
- Follows and participates in plant safe housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment. Participates in the GMP and HACCP programs.
- Experience running report using Excel (intermediate level) and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Previous AIB and/SQF experience. Candidates with experience in ISO9000 or similar audit process would be considered.
- Able to join Safety Committee and CIP process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and wearing hearing protection is required.
Tekni-Plex, Inc. - 18 months ago