GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- The Quality Subsystem Engineer will provide total ownership over quality for final assembly including electronic controls and oversee all quality activities including Quality System Management, Service Call Rate, Cost of Quality, Change Control and Factory Quality.
- Influence and direct cross-functional teams to drive projects and metrics that improve subsystem reliability, performance, factory yield and reduce cost of quality.
- Develop long-term vision and strategy for subsystem quality that promotes the GE Production System philosophy.
- Monitor subsystem quality (SCR/CMI/CPD/Yield/Scrap) for excursions /improvements via quality system tools, i.e. EQUICS, SAS, MMS, MES, etc.
- Work closely with customers (internal and external) to identify true root cause through the Autopsy process and validate benefits.
- Use Lean methodology and tools (poka-yoke, jidoka, 3P, AWO, etc.) to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams to drive quality improvements and identify other SCR reduction opportunities for the subsystem.
- Ensure solid control plans for quality improvements and validate that these implemented changes are achieving desired benefits.
- Network with other Quality Subsystem Engineers to accelerate best practice sharing across sites.
- Provide periodic Quality updates to Key Business Leaders.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Six Sigma Training/Green Belt certified.
- Minimum 5 years of quality or other relevant experience, especially in electronic controls.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- High Energy individual who is goal oriented, results driven and a self-starter.
- Proven Team Leadership skills with ability to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Data driven decision maker, able to influence up and down management chain, with considerable experience in project execution.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Experience in Appliance manufacturing processes.
- Possess technical experience relevant to assigned subsystem.
- Technical Program Graduate (EEDP/OMLP).
- Lean Manufacturing Experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt Certified
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 21 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...