A procedures writer is needed to support the preparation, development, writing, and editing of a range of technical documents for the installation, testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of an accelerator facility, equipment, and beamlines. Documents will include, but not be limited to procedures and checklists for operations, including normal, off-normal, and alarm/emergency response; maintenance; QA; and ESH. Will collaborate with managers, scientists, engineers, technicians, and operators, to identify and define processes and procedures; interview subject matter experts, review existing documentation, observe operational activities, and extract/capture information and develop documents. In addition, will ensure that documents are clear, concise, and accurate; and that submission for review and approval, and resolution of comments are timely; follow organizational standards, including templates, formats, and terminology, to ensure a consistent look and feel; assist in the validation and verification of operations procedures, to ensure usability and operability.
Candidates chosen for an interview will be required to provide work or writing samples.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a Technical Writer in a technical, engineering, operations, or similar industrial environment
- Advanced English language skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to provide high quality reports and presentations
- Excellent technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and the ability to read, interpret, and extract information from technical materials, including drawings, diagrams, schematics, and procedures for complex systems
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively in easily understandable written and graphical form
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of scientific, engineering, and technical staff.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent upon depth and breadth of knowledge and skills he or she brings to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience.
- Advanced degree in engineering, English, communication, or a related discipline
- Ten (10) years’ experience in an operating accelerator or reactor environment
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or similar document management system
- Knowledge of human factors and error traps associated with procedures.
Please apply to Job ID# 16313.
ERAP eligible - $1,000.00
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
- Medical Plans
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.