Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The QA Lab Technician / Infinity position has primary responsibility for executing, developing, and maintaining both the operating efficiency and training proficiency of the users of the Infinity IQS statistical process control system. This includes assisting with the setting of critical measurement parameter specifications of materials, maintaining and enhancement leadership dashboards, customizing graphs, troubleshooting the operating of auto collection gauges, assisting with writing test methods, procedures and work instructions.
· Work with QA & Operations leadership teams to ensure that product specifications are being adhered to along with quality processes and standards using data to drive decision making and IQS systems are applicable and met requirements/expectations & business needs.
· Management IQS dashboards, standard views, graphics, etc and create strong linkage to OPEX, Yellow Belt and Lean teams for performance tracking.
· Participate in weekly Infinity superuser teleconference calls with peer group for continual improvement of IQS system to include reliability & uptime.
· Lead IQS & SPC required training and work instruction development.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill to perform al laboratory testing, analytical measurements, and form, fit and function per the appropriate work instruction and critical X’s of key processes and performed as needed or as a backup. Responsible for conducting training and documenting all training related to IQS system changes.
· Responsible to properly enter audit findings into Infinity data collection projects so correction action codes and progress can tracked and updated when complete.
· Assist with monthly validation auditing and internal auditing of any functional area, department to ensure adherence to processes and procedures; initiation of corrective actions to be completed by process owner
· Act as a back-up for other shifts, including QA Final Inspection and QA Technician / Auditing.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and apply standards consistently
· Ability to work in a demanding, time pressured environment with very tight deadlines
· Ability to lead teams, facilitate meetings, conduct project reviews, present findings are preferred.
· Capable of being part of team, support initiatives and working closely with small groups to learn new topics
· Very detailed oriented and capable of self direction to meet monthly objectives and metrics.
· Analytical problem solver with strong organizational skills.
· Good Statistical Process Control knowledge to include charts is preferred.
· Good English communication skills (oral and written) and capable of leading training sessions
· Knowledge of folding carton, process operations and testing methods are preferred.
· Demonstrated information system, software and computer programming skills and experience are required.
· Proficient computer skills and data entry, especially for MS Word, Excel, VISIO, MS Project and MiniTab
· Associate (2-year) technical, information system or computer science degree is required with strong Quality emphasis and/or 3-5 years quality experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of Infinity SPC software or alternate SPC software desired
· Obtain Six Sigma Yellow Belt & Lean Training status required within (6) months or hire.
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...