JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
• Conduct established testing procedures on paint and stain products
• Perform quality checks on bulk liquid raw materials
• Maintain adequate records and information on products and raw materials
1. Consistently follow standard test procedures.
2. Conduct standard tests including, but not limited to, Viscosity, Gloss, Solids, Color, Density, pH, Gel tests, and product applications.
3. Record pertinent data on raw materials and finished products, including product codes and test results.
4. Report problems associated with test equipment and processes.
5. Clean and maintain testing equipment.
6. Alert supervisors regarding low levels of lab supplies.
7. Conduct periodic audits of packaging, finished product and manufacturing processes and issue audit reports.
Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation
Quality control and production testing experience involving paints, varnishes, or general coatings
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Knowledge and literacy of mathematics
Ability to recognize patterns that can affect quality
Ability to consistently set up and operate quality control inspection and testing equipment
Ability to organize, file, and maintain quality control inspection and testing records
Ability to read, interpret, and follow work rules and specifications
Ability to operate a computer terminal to enter, retrieve, review, or update data
Behr - 21 months ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...