From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish. Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. We need employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
The incumbent for the Quality Technician position will have the overall responsibility of performing a variety of tasks to ensure products are safe and meet customer’s expectations .
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Quality Technician has the accountability for inspecting and verifying that the product produced is made in accordance with the Customer’s specification and meets the Company’s quality expectations. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Quality Technician consist of but are not limited to:
· Perform periodic product and process quality checks to ensure material is not defective or damaged and that material is appropriate to customer specifications.
· Sample and test incoming ingredients and packaging supplies based on specifications.
· Maintain accurate records and results of quality assurance.
· Use lab equipment to perform quality tests.
· Conduct au dits of finished products, production lines
· Communicate effectively with Line Lead regarding any issues related to packaging seals, codes, weights, packaging integrity.
· Communicate effectively with Production Supervisor on quality issues.
· Dispose of off quality, improper product and materials in designated areas.
· Conduct line inspections for cleanliness
· Perform visual quality check of packaged and finished product to ensure that they are not damaged or defective.
· Collect all samples and retains needed for Ryt-way customers and microsamples
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Document product records in computer program.
· Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Quality Supervisor and Manager.
· Willingness to work overtime when asked.
· Ability to maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
· Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· One or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Food industry experienced preferred
· Clear communication skills (oral & written)
· Basic Math skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to handle several tasks concurrently
· Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
· Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
· Basic computer skills .
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
The Quality Technician of Ryt-way Industries, LLC shall be considered to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have occurred:
· Satisfactory performance of all essential job duties
· Employee maintains a positive attitude and productive relationship with co-workers
· Employee works as a team member and helps out where ever needed
· Employee is willing to work overtime when asked
· Employee follows all safety precautions and regulations
Ryt-way’s number one priority is keeping our employees and visitors safe. Therefore all employees are required to:
· Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
· Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
· Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant
· Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
· Provide post-accident drug screen
NOTE: In terms of a 12 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time . In an 12 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
· Continuously stand and walk
· Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
· Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
· Occasionally reach above shoulder level
· Occasionally carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
· Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
· Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
· Continuously be around moving machinery
· Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals
This position is non-exempt making it eligible for overtime
Hearthside Food Solutions - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard