Reporting to the QC Manager, the Quality Technologist will provide testing and quality services and support to laboratory, factory floor quality control, co-packed products and R&D projects. Incumbent will work to improve testing and reporting processes.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Analytical testing and reporting of raw materials, finished goods, customer complaints.
- Testing and reporting of subjects related to R&D projects and other special projects
- Develop and improve lab methodology and reporting system
- Organize lab data and issue lab KPIs.
- Assist factory floor quality control activists when needed.
- Engage in special projects and cross-functional teams
- Document, maintain, and improve standard laboratory procedures (methods), and provide training to others as necessary on these methods.
- Carry out laboratory analyses including microbiological, physical and chemical testing
- Effectively communicate with Procurement and Operations Planning regarding release status, sample requirements, new material items/sources, and vendor compliance to specifications
- Monitor receiving information to ensure lot identification, and that receiving programs are compliant with documented procedures
· Bachelor’s degree (or Associates Degree with at least 10 years food lab experience) with a major in chemistry, biology, laboratory technology or food science.
· Experience: Minimum of 5 years hands on laboratory experience in the Food Industry.
· Strong organizational skills
· SAP skills to block/release and monitor needs are desirable
· You must be 18 years or older
· You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
· You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
· You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Beech-Nut Nutrition Company will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sec, national origin and veteran or disability status
Beech-Nut Nutrition Corporation - 8 months ago