Business Unit and Department Structure:
The clients for Prime Brokerage are traditionally hedge funds and professional traders and market makers. The group that we support are the Risk and Margin users within that function. Our users are spread globally, primarily in London, New York and Hong Kong.
Team Specific Structure and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be working as part of a global Business Analyst team. They will be working on the development of a strategic technological initiative for the Prime Brokerage business. The technology team is spread globally across various centres in London, Dublin, Toronto, Mumbai and New York. This team is responsible for extending and supporting all the current business and system flows whilst developing the unified strategic platform across all asset classes using consistent data and analytics.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
Perform data analysis and define specifications for integration with quantitative models built across various asset classes including fixed income and equity products. Communicate with different business units to facilitate product development. Co-ordinate software development with technology teams spread across different regions. Validate numbers generated by risk and margin systems built by the team. Document requirements and create functional specs.
Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision on enterprise wide projects requiring creative solutions. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
• In depth knowledge of fixed income, rates, equity and commodity based financial products, capital markets, derivatives pricing and risk
• Quantitative background as part of coursework or prior experience.
• Excel VBA, Sql and Perl. Knowledge of databases.
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills; Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across globally dispersed team as well as with different business units to facilitate product development
• Proven ability to organize and execute projects in a consistent, repeatable and reliable manner; Professionalism and ability to take initiative and leadership;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a geographically dispersed group of Business Analysts, Business Users, Developers, Project Managers, Development Manager, Business Users as well as Senior Technical Leaders in a fluid environment to deliver high quality applications on time, to specification and within budget.
• Understanding of the problem space, data analysis and define specifications for integration with quantitative models built across various asset classes including fixed income and equity products.
• 5 or more years of financial services industry experience; Experience with front and middle office analytical applications.
• Knowledge of Prime Brokerage, financing business, and margin process and risk management methodology is desired.
Bank of America - 30+ days ago
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...