The LifeRisks team at RMS has developed a probabilistic modeling platform to analyze financial risks for the life and health insurance industry. The platform contains a suite of models covering longevity risk due to increasing life expectancy and excess mortality risk arising from a range of perils (infectious disease, terrorism, natural catastrophes and other causes).
Recent and ongoing projects include development of new risk models for the annuity market, securitization of insurance risk in the capital markets, determining economic capital for diversified insurance operations seeking to exploit the natural hedge between life and annuity products and helping clients understand the causal drivers of mortality change.
Objectives of the LifeRisks Quantitative Modeler:
The Quantitative Modeler will work in a multidisciplinary team implementing new models of human life expectancy and its relationship to a broad set of demographic and medical risk factors. The quantitative modeler will be expected to become an expert in existing LifeRisks models while prototyping new model features and assisting in their translation into production code.
* Participate in complex model design and calibration tasks and produce production level analytical code in support of new model features and enhancements.
* Maintain and optimize existing codebase to enhance product performance and user experience.
* Understand insurance product cash flows and business use-cases.
* Clearly communicate highly technical results and methods to technical and non-technical audiences.
Required Skill Set:
* Degree in math, computer science, engineering, statistics, physics or related quantitative discipline. BS and two or more years' experience or MS degree required. MS or PhD degree preferred.
* Enterprise-level analytical programming experience in C#, C++, Java, or equivalent.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Entrepreneurial approach to new challenges and opportunities.
* Knowledge of probability and statistics.
Preferred Skill Set:
* Stochastic simulation.
* Knowledge of biological science, epidemiology and insurance are pluses.
Did you know there's a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there's a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you've 'never' heard of, unless you're one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform 'RMS(one)' for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com . Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Go Job Search - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Risk Management Solutions is the world's leading provider of products and services for catastrophe risk management. More than 400 leading...