This is an ideal position for someone with strong administrative and detail orientation skills to learn and grow. Many of the following responsibilities can be learned on the job providing a person has an extreme attention to detail and a strong consistency of purpose. If you believe in sweating the details and know that projects run smoothly only when properly set up and monitored, this is the job for you.
Internships are full time and typically last 3 months. An hourly rate of $12 is paid, but there is no paid-time off or health benefits. Local candidates preferred.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Estimation - Obtain bids and timing for proposals, and provides advice on the best/most cost effective recruiting approach, methodologies and study design input
* Specification checking - Make sure what's proposed can actually be done for budget and timing that's available, and if not, recommend what needs to change
* Job commissioning - Commission and schedule vendors and operations resources
* Project planning - Coordinate and set up necessary project meetings including kick off meetings, field site briefings and project review/questionnaire discussion meetings. Prepare field materials as needed
* Questionnaire/Script review/input - Provide feedback for questionnaire context; i.e. set up and design for field ability. Includes overseeing and organizing translation needs
* Maintaining Quality Standards - Following all protocols for quality data collection standards
* Job scheduling - set up and oversee project schedule from commissioning to data delivery
* Work with the research team to ensure field goes smoothly-alerting the team when there are any potential problems (i.e.: incorrect incidence rates that would impact budget or timing) and proactively provide potential solutions/resolutions.
* Be the bridge between the data collection and data processing to ensure there are no problems in the exchange of data (correct data formats, etc.) and make sure expectations are aligned.
* Stay in contact with data collection vendors throughout the project to proactively monitor field and address any potential problems as they arise
* Keep an eye on the budget as field progresses to make sure that everything stays on track. When there are problems in field let the research team know-both why the issue is occurring as well as providing potential cost and timing impacts.
* ability to multi-task in a deadline intensive environment
* excellent communication skills
* strong people skills
* strong math skills for quota structure creation, monitoring incidence and financial management
* proficient in budget management
* strong organizational skills
* strong analytical skills
* BA or BS required (or graduating seniors)
Authoiraztion to work in this country required.
Job starting date:
United States, Los Angeles, California
Kantar Careers - 12 months ago