As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will design and develop software for current and next generation video compression solutions for MPEG-2 and H.264. Utilizing your embedded software skills, your challenge is to implement new algorithms into our video encoding and/or stream processing solutions. These algorithms may be related to video processing or transport stream processing. Your main duties are to architect, implement, test and debug DSP software on our real-time platforms, evaluate results and tune the performance of the new features. Where appropriate, you will evaluate new technology via computer simulation.
You will work with other Engineering groups to design and develop new video compression features, through documentation, discussion, presentations, creation of reference software, test plans, test tools, etc. Your video processing or compression background along with real-time embedded, DSP, or multithreaded software development experience will be fully utilized to help us create next-generation products and improve existing products.
Required Job Skills:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong understanding of video compression algorithms and standards, including MPEG2 and H.264.
• Excellent programming skills with significant experience in C/C++.
• Strong diagnostic skills in embedded systems.
• Simulate technology via computer software and evaluate results. Implement technology in real-time platforms to evaluate results.
• Experience with video quality evaluation, video filtering and algorithms to improve video quality.
• Assembly level programming skills
• RTOS development experience (e.g. VxWorks, uItron)
Years of Direct Experience Required:
• At least 5 years of work experience in the area of digital video compression algorithm development (encoding or transcoding).
Areas of Direct Experience:
• Video compression algorithm development for encoding or transcoding.
• Implementation of video algorithms on DSP platforms
• BS in EE/CS or equivalent, MS level or higher preferred