Our Aerospace group is seeking a dynamic Research and Development professional to join its team. The right candidate will have metallurgical, materials, and process engineering experience and be able to apply that experience in the R&D Lab while assisting with NPI and production across various Barnes Aerospace divisions. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Troubleshoot and determine root causes and corrective actions on problems that hinder production, that result in products of unacceptable quality or that increase overall costs.
- Maximize the utilization of BA R&D Lab to assist in NPI and production within Windsor, East Granby and other Barnes Aerospace divisions.
- Provide metallurgical support to engineering teams when working on concurrent engineering, repair development for BA Aftermarket and troubleshooting projects with customers and suppliers.
- Help determine what new materials and processes are available that would increase production, reduce costs or improve process capability, product quality or on-time delivery.
- Coordinate running the 3D Rapid Prototyping Machine and any other equipment in the lab for NPI and analysis including Metallography and X-ray Diffraction Stress Analysis.
- Perform Process Engineering project assignments.
- Metallographic analysis and failure analysis experience.
- Familiarization with key metallurgical processes such as brazing, welding, heat treatment, casting, forming and coating technologies. Must understand basic principles.
- Familiarization and experience in surface science and tribology preferred.
- Knowledge of both classical and factorial design of experiments.
- Knowledge of Lean and Six-Sigma principles preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Unigraphics preferred. Ability to run a 3D printer.
- Self-starter, ability to handle multiple assignments, strong project management skills.
- Developed technical writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy or Material Science required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.