This Technician position (3rd shift) for the Product Finishes Division located in Grove City, OH is accountable for the timely development and commercialization into manufacturing of powder coatings that meet the customers needs and specifications. The technician will be involved in the efficient operation of the lab, general housekeeping, ensuring a safe work environment and will independently perform tasks as outlined by his/her supervisor/manager.
Responsibilities for the Technician role include the following:
• Organize plans and schedules assignments according to manager project priorities.
• Consistently performs high-quality work with guidance and information on project parameters from supervisor and other technical experts.
• Plans and schedules assignments according to customer project priorities to use time efficiently.
• Verbally communicates with supervisor and others in platform.
• Works cooperatively with other personnel in effectively completing assignments.
• Recognizes problems and employs existing procedures to solve.
• Possesses basic ability to analyze data.
• Independently performs basic tasks as outlined by supervisor or others.
• Progress and results checked infrequently by others.
• Involvement in more complex operations requires more direct supervision and/or more frequent monitoring.
• Proficient in operating basic and moderately complex equipment.
• Conducts routine and advanced tasks, record results, and writes simple reports outlining procedures used and results obtained.
• Begins to develop technical expertise and company/industry knowledge.
• Use color instrumentation and computing tools to capture record and analyze data.
• Prepare written and/or oral reports.
• Effectively works and communicates with others through collaboration on assigned projects.
• Take responsibility for ensuring safe operating procedures.
The Incumbent must be able to do the following:
Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
Must be able to lift and carry up to __50__ pounds.
Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to 120 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
Work surfaces may include concrete.
Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
Ability to work 3rd Shift hours
Ability to work independently and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
1 year in a laboratory environment
Powder Formulation experience
High School Diploma or equivalent.
The Sherwin-Williams Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Sherwin- Williams - 16 months ago
No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, PPG...