The Systems Analyst position requires strong business skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and modifying systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1) Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
2) Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
3) Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of in-house applications.
4) Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
5) Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
6) Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
7) Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
8) Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
9) Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
10) Provide programming support for in-house IT projects.
11) Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
12) Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
13) Verify database and data integrity.
14) Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
15) Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
16) Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
17) Writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison with 3rd party application development consultants.
Ability to prioritize work and manage time, meeting timelines and supervisor’s and firm’s expectations.
Demonstrates high levels of ethical behavior in accordance with professional standards.
Demonstrates critical thinking and sound judgment in making decisions.
Demonstrates professional image, maturity, self-confidence and positive attitudes.
A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
Should have a minimum of 7 years of technology experience with at least 5 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
Technical experience with systems networking, databases, database design, web development, and user support.
Background in Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, Microsoft .NET, C#, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
Articulate in speech; communicates in a clear, fact-based manner.
Able to communicate detailed results in the context of the situation.
Ensures other associates and supervisors are informed of progress.
Writes clearly, concisely and correctly when presenting findings in correspondence and technical memoranda.
Rehmann - 15 months ago
Put People First. There it is. Number one on our list of five core values. Rehmann's living commitment and vision is: Be THE Firm of Choice...